During the inmate’s last year of ‘residence’ inside the fences, Prison-Babes, LLC provides a service free to all of those who take out ads. We post the lady’s name, location and job related skills to our “Finding a Job” page here that employers can access. There are many benefits to employers to hiring an ex-felon and that is described on that page. Suffice it to say, hiring a felon helps reduce the crime rate (recidivism) and benefits the employer with an employee that is very appreciative. There are various state and federal benefits to an employer hiring a felon.
Like I said, all that will be explained on the “Finding a Job” page. Feel free to check it out! There is no cost to the inmate for this service. We provide this as part of the ad cost but it’s only available during the inmate’s last year of incarceration. All ads are involved in the “Daily Dozen”. We randomly select a dozen ads to be put on our “Daily Dozen” page for more prominence. Feel free to check it out. The mix of ads showing there changes daily. There is no charge to be included, it is part of the cost of the initial ad.
There are certain tax advantages to hiring prior inmates. Read the articles below:
- https://www.doleta.gov/business/incentives/opptax/ There are a lot of useful information in this article and the WOTC (Work Opportunity Tax Credit) is available through 31 Dec 2019.
- This article explains to employers 4 reasons that hiring a felon can be beneficial to his company: http://www.businessinsider.com/benefits-of-hiring-ex-convicts-for-small-business-owners-2012-1
- Another article on the WOTC. http://smallbusiness.chron.com/tax-breaks-employers-hire-felons-14421.html
- Here is an article that shows a number of benefits to employers hiring felons. HR Guide to Hiring Felons: http://www.payscale.com/compensation-today/2010/05/hr-guide-to-hiring-felons
- There are six states that have benefits to the employer for hiring felons: http://www.hirenetwork.org/content/state-tax-credits
- Current Felony Friendly jobs in Florida: http://www.jobs2careers.com/Jobs/q-Felony-Friendly-l-Tampa-FL/
- This is a good site to search for Felony Friendly jobs across the US: http://www.buzzcareer.com/?s=Jobs+For+Felons&location=&radius=50&page=1
Additional information will be entered here as we find it.
Good luck on your job search!